News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
RingOut problem - why did the "to" phone become the first leg and "from" phone the second leg?
Tags: ringout
Feb 9, 2018 at 1:53pm   •   22 replies  •  0 likes
bill-love

We developed all features with RingOut API in sandbox for our web application. Yesterday it worked perfectly.Today strange things happened. When made call, somehow the "to" phone became first leg and "from" phone the second leg. The response after RingOut request was as something like

{

"id": "Y3MxNjk2MTIzOTgyNDMyMTUyMDlAMTAuMjguMjAuMTEw",
    "uri": "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ringout/Y3MxNjk2MTIzOTgyNDMyMTUyMDlAMTAuMjguMjAuMTEw",
    "status": {

"callStatus": "Invalid",
        "callerStatus": "Invalid",
        "calleeStatus": "Invalid"
    }
}Can someone let me know what went wrong?
22 Answers
answered on Sep 12, 2018 at 7:18am  
Well since RingCentral turned off the simple easy to use RingOut API - has anyone built a new dial out tool with the new platform?  Results?  I tried messing around with the C# Client - it's horrible.  Way too complicated.  

answered on Mar 16, 2018 at 12:19pm  
Put our old original code back in place and it is working again for us now.  Thx

answered on Mar 15, 2018 at 9:49am  
Yeah. I couldnt get it working last night when I reverted back to original code. Maybe Ill try the recent working code again today to see it works again.

answered on Mar 15, 2018 at 8:14am  
Well it shifted back the other way this morning - not sure what is going on

answered on Mar 15, 2018 at 5:35am  
Same here -  had to go back to old code as of Wednesday morning.

answered on Mar 14, 2018 at 5:04pm  
Appears the code may be back to the original now.  We are having issues again today with ring out. Getting ready to revert to original code on my end and will report back it that fixes it.

answered on Mar 13, 2018 at 1:38pm  
Is there an ETA for a fix on this?  The last update was a link back to this discussion.  Is it smart for me to reverse the parameters at this point?  That seems like an awful idea. If there is a fix coming soon I'd like to avoid that if possible.

answered on Feb 27, 2018 at 9:21am  
Reversing the to/from has no effect for me.  It's still calling the destination first and prompting them to "Press 1 to connect", and then ringing my RC phone only after the person I'm trying to call has pressed 1.  Exactly the opposite of what it had been doing.  I can't get it to function properly at all now.  Really frustrating, as this was working perfectly before.

answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 11:49am  
Thanks for the update Brian.  Still working here too.  

answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 8:19am  
I reversed the to/from as someone mention higher in the forum.  It was working last week great.  RingCentral said they were going to push out a fix this weekend, which I would have thought would break it again after reversing the to/from, but our ringout tool is still working this morning - so not sure what if anything happened this weekend.

answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 7:04am  
Is there any update on this from a RingCentral rep?  Our integration is working in reverse suddenly and I am hesitant to change the code if it is likely to be changed back.  An ETA on any potential fixes would be helpful in determining next steps for us.

answered on Feb 21, 2018 at 10:27am  
Thx for the heads-up!  I was thinking that might happen.

answered on Feb 21, 2018 at 9:52am  
Beware my understanding as of 2/21/2018 is that RingCentral is aware of the issue and it should be fixed - so if you reverse the to/from it will be broken again once the fix is applied.  Can someone from RingCentral confirm this please.  I am using ringout.asp API with a HTTP POST.

answered on Feb 13, 2018 at 6:22am  
I searched and found one post similar to us: 

https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/facing-a-issue-in-calling-the-specified-forward-number

In that it said that to use new interface https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefRingOut.html

It seems that RingCentral updated ringout interface but not deprecated old one properly. 

RingOut URI
/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/ring-out

Please note: The URI /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/ringout is deprecated, but still supported for backward compatibility.

RingOut Call Status
URI
/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/ring-out/{ringoutId}

Please note: The URI /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/ringout/{ringoutId}
is deprecated, but still supported for backward compatibility.

I used "ring-out" instead of "ringout" in the call, everything worked fine now.

answered on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:07am  
I am just constructing a URL and opening that URL with my custom CRM software.  The URL looks like this and you can call and call from any number...  

https://service.ringcentral.com/ringoutapi/

Look at the sample URL at bottom of section 2. if you are interested.

Tyler

answered on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:03am  
Hi Tyler is this from the mobile app or the desktop soft phone app that youre referring to ? I wish we could chose to call from any number prior to making a call. Current the apps whether mobile or desktop only allow you to have a default call out number. So when you call out you only call from that number but sometimes I have customers from different states or areas and Id like to call out from different areas. I know when we manually dial out we can pick a number to call from but I was referring to when we select a contact in the contact part of the app and just call out, it calls out from the default number on the application.

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 11:48pm  
So I just spent an hour with tech support.  It seems to be that a recent change at Ringcentral has FLIPPED the To and From fields.  Have been using the URL as per this page: https://service.ringcentral.com/ringoutapi/

2. Call

Used to be that for us to call a customer we would put the customer's phone number in the TO parameter and the ringcentral number we wanted the call to connect to (which of our employee's desk phones) in the FROM field.  Now it works in the reverse of that.  But after reversing those fields in the URL I am sending it works as expected. Very very strange that those two fields were flipped without telling customers.

Anyway.  Great support as usual on the phone.

Tyler

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 10:53pm  

Bill and Tyler,

Vyshakh and I have both tried to reproduce this unsuccessfully so far.

Please create a support ticket so we can get specific call information from you for our team to track this down.

Thanks,

John

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 2:22pm  
Please help!

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 2:21pm  
Ours is now NOT working as well after working well for many years

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 1:53pm  
@BillLove,  Can you provide us with the full API Request ? 

answered on Feb 10, 2018 at 4:09pm  
Does your RingOut set the 'playPrompt' property to 'true'?

If it's true, the 'to' should be dialed first and the user should be prompted to press '1' to connect the call.

If not, both legs can happen at the same time.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us