question

petar-spasic14137 avatar image
petar-spasic14137 asked petar-spasic14137 answered

Presence Message Always Returns Calls with Direction Set to Inbound

So I load the JS SDK, initialize it and set subscription to '/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true'.

I create a Ringout set correct From and To numbers and then Ringout is initialized successfully.

Event listener on the SDK detects new message and passes it to a function but calls in the received presence message always have the direction set to INBOUND even tho they have been initialized through Ringout and they are definitely not INBOUND, same thing happens if i initialize a Ringout call using RingCentral desktop app.

Why is this happening now when it all worked fine couple of weeks back ware there any changes to presence api ? This is a huge blocker for our integration please help.

Thanks

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

igor-bebin avatar image
igor-bebin answered
Hi Petar,

Unfortunately, there has been a  change introduced recently for Presence API in complicated Ring Out scenarios. We're working on the fix, so early next week it should return to previous behavior. 

Thanks,
Igor
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

igor-bebin avatar image
igor-bebin answered
Quick update - yesterday the issue was fixed. 

Thanks,
Igor
1 |3000

petar-spasic14137 avatar image
petar-spasic14137 answered
Thanks Igor,

Did some preliminary tests and it looks like presence is back to normal.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys