News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How do I forward calls to another extension after a timeout (skip voicemail and send them to a queue/operator)?
Tags: call forwarding
Mar 9, 2015 at 8:40am   •   4 replies  •  1 likes
Jordan Humphrey

So, I have an extension in my company that goes to our warehouse. If someone dials it, rather than going to voicemail if the phone cannot be answered, I would like to set up logic that would simply forward the call (roll-over) to a call queue (such as Ext. 108). I tried adding just the extension in call handling, but it seems I am not allowed to do that. Is there a workaround?

4 Answers
answered on Aug 12, 2020 at 10:06am  

We also need call queue to be able to forward to another 'backup' call queue extension after a set amount of time.

answered on Mar 10, 2015 at 11:13am  
Jordan,  Here's another idea that might work for you. There's a way to forward to a "ring group", sometimes called a "hunt group". Here's a help topic that explains how. 

Forwarding to other user's phones, adding phone, and Ring Groups

answered on Mar 9, 2015 at 9:20am  
I don't want to use DID numbers. I would rather say in an advanced rule: "If ring for xx seconds and no answer, ring ext ###." -- This would eliminate the need for voicemail on the actual extension. The other option I guess would be to not give out the extension to anyone and always tell them to call ext 108 if they need to reach the warehouse...

answered on Mar 9, 2015 at 8:50am  

Heres what I did with a similar situation:

In Call Handling, the first entry is the warehouse IP phone, and I have it set for 20 seconds.

The second entry is the front desks DID number NPA-NXX-XXXX and I have it set to 50 seconds.

Then at the bottom of this tab, under Phones will ring: I set as Sequentially.

Is this what you were looking for?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us