question

dan-muniz avatar image
dan-muniz asked ·

Outbound caller ID issue on Iphone 6 RC app.

On the Iphone 6 app when a user selects the outbound number and then chooses a contact from their list of contacts the call is placed using the default phone number and not the selected number. It seems to work fine on the android app.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hello Dan,  Would you be able to clarify in  more detail the steps you are using?  If possible include screenshots and let us know what the exact process is. I need to know if this is something that needs to be a "feature request", or if there's  bug or something else wrong.   I've made this a private conversation so you can post screenshots, or phone numbers etc and it won't be seen publicly. 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dan-muniz avatar image
dan-muniz answered ·
Hi Mike, Thanks for the quick response. I do not have the phone in front of me as it is one of my users in Utah. I do believe it is probably a bug as it works fine on my phone. Here are the steps: 1. From the ring central app selecting "From" phone number - options are DirectNumber, MainCompanyNumber, CompanyFaxNumber, or Blocked. 2. Selecting Contacts Icon which brings up the contact list and selecting a contact. The call is initiated at this point automatically. On the Iphone 6 RC App the call is initiated using the default phone number which in his case is his DID # regardless of which "From" number he selects. Hope this helps.
1 comment Share

Hi Dan, thanks for clarifying.  I do think that sounds like a bug. Can you  Open a Case and let us know which number/user etc. this is happening to. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces