Question

ringcentral for windows silent install

• 25 August 2015
  • 8 replies

Is it possible to deploy or silently install the Ringcentral for Windows desktops application?

8 replies

Silent install from a script via a server based network on a push Install?
Either/or.

I would like to know the answer to this question. Surly by now you have solved this. Being focused on business users and all.

I know this is an old post, but Yes it is possible to deploy the RingCentral app.

msiexec.exe /i "RingCentral-x64-21_2_30.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log /passive

This worked for me. Know I need the uninstall command

msiexec.exe /i "RingCentral-x64.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log /passive

what is the msi product code?

I think it depends on the version that you are trying to uninstall.

22.2.34.4526 would be:

MsiExec.exe /qn /norestart /X{5D016C99-498F-4414-B497-F23264D05861}

I have a utility that tells me the unistall string, but you can usually find the {Code} it in your registry.

Depending on how it was installed, Look in the registry in one of the following places and search for Ringcentral (Or whatever program) and copy the {Code}.

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall
HKLMSoftwareWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall

You may also be able to find the {Code} in the desktop shortcut (If you haven't replaced it with one that doesn't break the taskbar icon with each update like I have.) The problem with the default shortcut is that it gets the icon from the Installer folder, which might actually be helpful for you in this instance. If you Right Click - Properties on the shortcut and click the Shortcut tab and then the Change Icon button, it should reveal the {Code} in the Installer folder.

The reason it breaks the Taskbar icon each time you install a new version is the folder that contains the Icon is removed with each new version. My shortcut gets the icon from the program files "exe" instead of the unique {Code} installer folder "ico" file.