question

ronda-tappan avatar image
ronda-tappan asked ·

Best Practices Using RC App on a cellular network.

Have you had clients complain about the QOS with the App on a mobile and how have you handled these complaints?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi Ronda,  

Call quality on the mobile app is highly depended on the network, very similar to using the desktop app.  The quality of your phone's data signal can make a big difference.  There are a lot of websites and apps that you can use to test your phones signal. 

I personally use an app called speedtest.net on the Google play store but you'll find many choices. 

If you have wifi available, it's a good idea to switch to that network as it will often provide better upload and download speeds.  

Here's an example of two tests that I did. The first one is from a wifi signal, the 2nd from my cell phone's data plan. 

You can also go into the mobile app's call settings and control if/when the device should use Wi-Fi or the RingOut option. (3rd image below) 

1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces