question

myrvaagnes avatar image
myrvaagnes asked ·

I want to bulk-import contacts with csv file

Is there a feature that would enable us to import the contacts in a csv file? Adding of contacts manually each time is lot of time consuming process. There's always an import function in the phone applications. Does ringcentral has it? If yes, some one can you help me how to get it done? I have lots of contacts on my google contacts and need to import it to ringcentral. Thanks!
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered ·
Hi, send me an E-mail and I will reply with the Excel template.  

Thanks

Chuck
Certified RC Installer
chuckfuscone@gmail.com
1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Chuck, I will be sending you an email to get a copy of this template that will hopefully make my import easier as well.  Thank you very much! Cheryl Brown, Blue Sage Property Mgmt.
0 Likes 0 ·
kelly5551 avatar image
kelly5551 answered ·
I am trying to do the same thing- Wondering if there's a good template to use in excel so I can properly upload.

cornelius-rumblejunk6102 avatar image
cornelius-rumblejunk6102 answered ·
same here. I could use a template. Would be good to add a link to this template on the Import menu screen

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
The following article gives specific steps on how to import via CSV file.
Importing Personal Contacts to your RingCentral Account

The best way to get a good template is to add 1-2 records manaully, then use the Export button.  Use the exported file as your template, add your new records to it, and follow the instructions on the link provided to import the new contacts. 

Mike

amanda-allen12275 avatar image
amanda-allen12275 answered ·
okay I have tried uploading a file and it uploaded the names but not the phone #s and I have an CSV file. 
1 comment

Hey Amanda, are you still having issues? This may be something that Support can help out on, depending upon if it's an issue with RC. 
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app