question

Jimmy Davenport avatar image
Jimmy Davenport asked ·

SMS not syncing on mobile app

Hello.  I just lost a year's worth of sms messages on my Samsung S5 mobile phone app.  However, those same sms messages remain on my Windows 10 computer app.  Up until now, the Ring Central app on my phone and all of my computers have always synced up.  Spoke to technical support.  We tried to re sync but no luck. The tech support person was very nice and very patient with me but kept insisting that I had somehow deleted the sms messages from my cell phone.  If that were the case, wouldn't they automatically be deleted from my desktop app as well?  Please help.  Thanks.  Jimmy D. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Is there a way to restore deleted SMS messages?.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi Jimmy,   I moved this post to a new private conversation so we can gather some details.  This can only be seen by the two of us and other RingCentral Community Admins.  

1. Can you tell us what the number is that you are logging into?
2. Are you logging into the mobile app with the same exact credentials as the desktop app? 
(sometimes users log in with their direct number on one app, and then the main/company number+extension) on the other app, which can cause various issues)
3. Was the mobile app on the same network as the PC or was it accessing the internet via the phones data plan? (syncing might be a network issue)
4. If you have a case number from your previous contact with support can you provide that? I was unable to locate your account using the email address you registered on this Community with. 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jimmy Davenport avatar image
Jimmy Davenport answered ·
Hi Mike

I am logging in with my main number on both desktop app and phone app:  4808301308

When I am home, I typically put my phone on my home network.  Obviously when I am out, I am usually on 4G.

I do not have a case number.  I have received reply emails from you addressed to jamminjimmyd@gmail.com.  I typically use jimmyd@starzentertainment.net.

Other possibilities are ones the previous owner used: info@starzentertainment.net or eric@starzentertainment.net.  

I really believe there is a glitch on my mobile app.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the problem persists.  In addition, on many occasions, I open the phone app, go to the "All Messages" page, click the drop down menu and only see Voicemail and Fax but not Text.  The text page will often take time to appear and other times I have to sign out and sign back in for it to appear.  I'm telling you man, it's the phone app....something is hinky.

Let me know what you think.  Thanks so much... I really appreciate your help!

Jimmy D.

2 comments Share

Thanks for the info above. We were able to locate the account and previous case.  Sorry, but it doesn't appear from the notes much troubleshooting was done.  

It's very unlikely that the issue is with the mobile app itself. What you've described above indicates that it's likely a network issue.  There are certain ports that must be open on your router/network (for both wifi and mobile network).   

Take a look at the following Network Requirements document. 
Expanded Version: RingCentral Network Requirements and Recommendations

I'd recommend first looking at port 443 as this is related to syncing on the mobile app. 

If you are having this issue on both your home or work wifi and the mobile network, you might have to contact both service providers for assistance (unless you are familiar with configuring your router yourself. 

Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Jimmy,

Did the information that Mike provided help? Are you still having issues?
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces