question

rosalie-pope6829 avatar image
rosalie-pope6829 asked ·

Outgoing fax taking 20+ minutes to send??

With just about every outgoing fax, it seems to take 20+ minutes to send. I don't have any problem with incoming faxes.
I am sending as pictures, as I haven't figured out how to save my files as documents yet.
I use CamScanner app for email, and it allows me to take pictures of my paperwork and save as PDF. Does RingCentral not have that option?
Regardless, 10-20 minutes seems outrageous to send one or two pictures via fax.
Any advice? This is more convenient than a landline fax, but the landline fax is sooo much faster and more reliable.
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
samrizzo6419 avatar image
samrizzo6419 answered ·
Hey Rosalie,

Which method are you using for faxing?

The email to fax option does take longer, however if it is taking this long when faxing from the portal or softphone app, then that is another issue entirely.

If you are using the email to fax feature, would it be viable to try using the softphone app or portal for faxing? It processes much quicker :)

Thanks,
Sam

9 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

At least we found common ground...and we can further agree, at least aren't UF fans.
1 Like 1 ·
you mean like signing into her extension and fax that way right?
0 Likes 0 ·
Correct Chris, sorry I was not very clear!

When I say portal, I'm referring to their online account where in the upper right there is a fax out button :)

Thanks,
Sam
0 Likes 0 ·
no worries, just wanted to make sure I understood it and wasn't missing a chance to alleviate any of my customers woes should they mention anything similar. I always tell my customers the portal is the 1 stop shop for anything they need to do through RingCentral. 
0 Likes 0 ·
The cornhusker in me doesn't want to agree with you...but you're right, it's the 1 stop shop!
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app