News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How do I change the first ring option to the desk phone and have the cellphone/smartphone option as the rollover?
Tags: call forwarding
Aug 31, 2017 at 10:22am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
schopke
on Jul 27, 2021 at 4:03pm   •  0 likes

This has been an ask for years. And now that we're heading back to the office it really is necessary.

on Apr 29, 2020 at 8:43am   •  2 likes
I am experiencing the same issue.  I can make it so that the Mobile App and Desktop Program ring the same time as my physical desktop phone, but I have found no way to make the mobile app ring second.  I followed the link that that Mary Rose posted and all that does is disable the mobile app from ringing all together.  Critical missing feature in my opinion.
on Dec 5, 2018 at 7:53am   •  0 likes
Hello, is this still the case a year later? I NEED the desktop phone to ring first, and then if we are out of office, to forward to our mobile phone app. Thanks!

on Mar 19, 2020 at 8:38am   •  0 likes
Hi Jason!

Check out this link. This will help you setup your ring order.

Thanks!
on Jul 28, 2021 at 1:05pm   •  0 likes

Mary...that ONLY works if you want the call to go to OTHER extensions, or your cell p[hone. It does NOTHING with regard to having the desk phone ring first followed by the mobile app IF, and ONLY IF the desk phone is not answered.

on Jul 27, 2021 at 4:29pm   •  0 likes

@betsy-ami the default order is still apps.. feature is requested here

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-1504

Please vote and add comment to help implementing in future

on Aug 31, 2017 at 10:41am   •  2 likes
Schopke,

What you would have to do is select your deskphone as the first option in Call Handling & Forwarding, then add/select your cell phone as the second option and have the calls ring sequentially.

CAVEAT: If you select this way of doing it, your cell phone calls will go to your cellphone and NOT to the RingCentral Mobile application. You will lose the functionality of the RC Mobile app.

There currently is no configuration option to have the Desk phone ring first and then ring the Windows Desktop/Smartphone (RC Mobile app) as a second option.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us