question

paul-king647 avatar image
paul-king647 asked ·

Wildcard search on call logs

You need to know when a number was called but do not have it to hand so you need to search for part of the string. In most database application you would enter either *01923* or 01923* of course neither works in RC call long. Is there a workaround ?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hi Paul,

In the Call Log I'm able to search based on things such as area code or last four digits. Just don't include the *

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

paul-king647 avatar image
paul-king647 answered ·
Thank you Saadet
That works, someone at RC thought it would be clever to restrict users to searching for more than 4 digits!!

UK area codes other than London are typically 4 digits so 01923 is more likely to be entered than 0192 

May be worth removing an unhelpful restriction.
thanks
Paul
3 comments Share

I'm able to search the first 6 numbers in a phone number - no restrictions from what I'm seeing.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thank you for the feed back, more than 4 fails on my end.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hmmm...do you receive an error message? Do you have a screen shot to share?
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces