News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
latest desktop app crashes during opening
Tags: ringcentral app
Jul 18, 2018 at 9:28am   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
jae-wook-kim

On windows 7 computer, after installing the latest Ring Central Desktop, the application fail to launch. When you double click the icon to start, crash report will pop up saying, abnormal termination.

Before the crash report error, I was seeing "this application failed to launch QT (blah blah, i don't remember the exact message)"

Any help on this question would be nice as the application just won't launch at all to use.

7 Answers
answered on Jul 21, 2020 at 2:20pm  
Same problem for one of my customers.  User on Windows 7.  Yesterday the RingCentral Phone app was working fine but today when the end user logged in they got a Crash Reporter error message of "Abnormal termination."  Apparently someone ran the update last night on this pc.
I tried uninstalling then reinstalling it, the app started working for a few minutes but then the problem starts happening again.

answered on Nov 18, 2019 at 11:47am  
I have a user reporting kind of the same issue. He will randomly get an abnormal termination crash window. No real rhyme or reason.

answered on Oct 14, 2019 at 7:10am  

I have a Win 10 user that gets a cant connect to the network when he tries to open Meetings??

When he tries to open the desktop app it just spins for a whole then give us the same message.
I remove it from every where including the registry and there is no change. HE cant use this App at all

Very Frustrated

answered on Mar 15, 2019 at 6:51am  
I have a user on Windows 10 that this keeps happening to as well. I have done a complete uninstall and went as far as to remove any traces of it including from the registry as well and then tried to re-install with older client and the latest client. Still get the same thing

answered on Dec 4, 2018 at 11:30am  
I'm on Windows 10. Mine crashed again today. This happens often. I have to uninstall (no repar feature) and reinstall again.

answered on Jul 19, 2018 at 3:01pm  
Hi Jae and Shelly,

I see you both have Support Cases open. Please keep us apprised and let me know if you feel like you aren't getting the service you need you can reply back here or email us at community.support@ringcentral.com 

answered on Jul 18, 2018 at 12:06pm  
i tried downloading the update as well and it's not working correctly for me either.  In fact, when I restarted my computer it seemed to revert back to the prior version.  I decided not to download it because for the time period I did have it downloaded, it was not connecting to my Outlook contacts and I need those in order to work efficiently.  I have Windows 10.  

I have created a support ticket for this issue, but have yet to get someone to figure it out for me.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us