question

steve-britt11213 avatar image
steve-britt11213 asked ·

Call Handling / Call Forwarding - How can you add a desktop app user to the call handling/forwarding queue?

I'm getting an error that call forwarding number cannot be the same as your account number.    How do I then add this desktop app user to our customer support extension queue.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
Your account number is most likely your main number. To add a desktop app user, use THEIR digital line number (direct dial number), which will be different from yout main number, to the queue.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

steve-britt11213 answered ·

Thanks for the input.  I'm using the app users direct dial number.   Our main number is an 800 number that is tied to Ext 2.   Our support line. 
2 comments Share

Hey Steve, did you still need help with your configuration setup?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes. Thanks
1 Like 1 · ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Steve, I've made this thread private so you can share account specific info with me.

Could you walk me through what you're trying to set up and on which extension? Feel free to provide screen shots :)

Also, a screen shot of the error message would be helpful!

I was trying to add Susan to our support call handling: Ext 2. She's currently inactive on that extension. When you activate her, you get the error message. Her direct line is 440-462-3788

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Steve, I haven't run into that particular error message before. However, I noticed that Susan doesn't have a Digital Line (DL) on her extension while your other users do...that could be what the issue is.

Also, I would suggest using the Forward to Other Phones configuration as opposed to simply typing their phone number into the box. This ensures a more seamless transition for callers :) Usually the box is when you want to forward to a phone number outside of your RC account. But if you want to forward within, the other setup is the way to go :)

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces