question

rene-arellano12353 avatar image
rene-arellano12353 asked ·

SalesForce Rincentral App Slow

Yesterday there was an email sent out by Ringcentral saying that they were going to be moving the Data Centers to Chicago, IL. This morning our Ring Central within Sales Force has been extremely slow. Making it hard to use our dispositions. Is ringcentral aware of this issue? Is there a fix? This is slowing our Sales team down.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hi Rene, are you still having issues today?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rene-arellano12353 answered ·
Hello,

The problem as been fixed today.

rene-arellano12353 answered ·
Actually spoke too soon. It started up again. With the same problem.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hmmm...please open a Support Case so we can investigate!

reed12 avatar image
reed12 answered ·
We're seeing the same issue...running very slow. Like there isn't enough bandwidth to handle the task. I opened a case since there isn't a known issue or resolution here. I read the moving of data centers email as well.
2 comments Share

Can you tell us what version of the RingCentral for Salesforce integration you are on? Go to Setup -> installed packages ->  rc_sf_package

We are currently looking into this issue.
1 Like 1 · ·
Also, let me know your case number so I can personally look into this. 
1 Like 1 · ·
jordan-richards11813 avatar image
jordan-richards11813 answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RingCentral for Salesforce not working. The RingCentral App for Salesforce has been acting up for the last 3 days. I have had to contact support multiple times and have received no response or updates. This is slowing down our whole sales team. Yes, I have tried multiple browsers. Yes, I have tried updating the software. Yes, my computer is plugged in. Please fix the software.
4 comments Share

I feel your pain. I did speak with support today and they said that they were going to escalate it. Not sure what that means as far as fixing this problem for what seems like all the users. I know this had to do with move Chicago, IL
0 Likes 0 · ·
Can you tell us what version of the RingCentral for Salesforce integration you are on? Go to Setup -> installed packages ->  rc_sf_package

We are currently looking into this issue. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
I would recommend you update to the latest version. There were some major fixes with Akamai caching in this version. You need to update, find the directions on our appexchange listing:  https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EORsjUAH

1 Like 1 · ·
garyd-martin avatar image
garyd-martin answered ·
Rene, has there been any solution? The past few days we have had terrible delay between Salesforce and our RC desktop app. 
3 comments Share

Hi Garyd - Let us know what version of the app you are running? I would recommend you update to the latest version. There were some major fixes with Akamai caching in version 5.8.4 which is most likely your issue. You need to update, find the directions on our appexchange listing:  https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EORsjUAH
1 Like 1 · ·
We are on version 6.1.3 which is the latest version that I see available.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey, Garyd!
Can you reach out to us via the community.support@ringcentral.com?
We'd like to troubleshoot a bit more. 
Thanks!

0 Likes 0 · ·
garyd-martin avatar image
garyd-martin answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Delay preventing use of click to dial. Salesforce. We have had issues in the past with a delay between clicking the phone number in Salesforce and the call/sound opening on the RC desktop app. This has been really bad the past week. Does anyone have solutions or workarounds? My sales team is having a lot of customers hang up because there is nobody there on our end.

shaun-kilmartin avatar image
shaun-kilmartin answered ·
We have a similar issue where it takes the RC Phone app and the Salesforce Call Adapter almost ten seconds to initiate the call after the user clicks on a phone number in Salesforce.  We are on version 6.3.  Did anybody find a solution to the slowness? Thanks!
1 comment Share

Hey Shaun, I would suggest contacting our Support team about this so that they can get you in touch with our Integrations team.
0 Likes 0 · ·
srikumar-subramaniam5985 avatar image
srikumar-subramaniam5985 answered ·
hi Shaun,

Wanted to check if you are still seeing the delay in initiation of call?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces