question

luis-sanchez10504 avatar image
luis-sanchez10504 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Stop Posting to Team Chat When Creating a Task

I am exploring the option to use RingCentral tasks to centralize task management (instead of using Microsoft Planner).

However, every time I create a Task or Update a Task, it creates a new post in the Team Chat.

Is there a way to stop Tasks from posting to the Team Chat?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
Certainly is. Make certain that when you create a task you save it by using the pull down list and select YOUR name. In your case it would probably be listed as Luis Sanchez (me). If you save it to the Team initially, all edits will save to the team. If you save it to yourself initially, any updates/edits will only go to you.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

keith-lazarus13798 avatar image
keith-lazarus13798 answered
If I understood Luis's request correctly, he was looking to create a task against a team but to suppress the commenting from appearing in the view.  J.B.'s solution appears to create the task in the [Username](Me) area and any discussion that takes place on the task appears there.

Sometimes it's useful to see the discussion related to a task in a view but othertimes it's nothing but a distraction.  It would be great if there was filter that could be toggled to allow task comments to display (or be suppressed). 

I'm putting this here, rather than adding a new top-level topic as I *think* this is what Luis was after. 
1 |3000

mark-blake avatar image
mark-blake answered
I agree,  when posting Task or Event to a team,   the group discussion lists get filled up with nonsense.   The teams discussion area should be just for discussions.  There isnt any need for notifications because everyone will see the Task/Event in their relevant dashboard
1 |3000

matthew-grupp avatar image
matthew-grupp answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Is it possible to make the task default to your location?  For example, if I am in my space, then the task would default there.  If I have selected a team, can I then create a task and have it default there.  If we create scores or hundreds of Teams for different projects over the years, it would be very laborious to sort through a long list each time.  It would be much easier to be working within a Team, reviewing posts, etc. and then quickly make a Task with it defaulting to that location.

1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Matthew, 

When you add a task from a location instead of from the task overview tab, it will automatically post the task to whatever location you are posting from. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app