question

christine-mihalik avatar image
christine-mihalik asked ·

Regarding fax account, it's currently not possible to assigned specific emails for each numbers.

I want to assign/setup specific emails for fax notification for different numbers.
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
michel5476 avatar image
michel5476 answered ·
As long as you assign each number to a different extension, then you can setup specific emails for each extension
4 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Sure I can elaborate the details if you let me know your exact setup (how many fax numbers, logon as admin or as a ext user, etc.)

The basic premise is that if you have setup multiple fax numbers (or multiple an numbers) their default message handling is through the auto-reception setup.  You just need to setup separate user extensions, one for each fax number and then you can configure the message handling however you want uniquely for each fax number. (emails, sms, etc.)
1 Like 1 ·
Using the account login (super user) you can manage all the fax numbers (ie. configure their settings, including email addresses they are going to and allowed to send from)
1 Like 1 ·

Can you elaborate on that?  I want to do this under 1 logon.
0 Likes 0 ·

I'm only wanting to use the fax system.  1 direct fax# that correlates to 1 email address.  I'll have probably 10 fax #'s.  No phone/auto attendant needed or wanted.

I want to manage it all from one logon.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app