question

sean14112 avatar image
sean14112 asked jeffrey-lemire commented

Does Siri work with the RingCentral Phone iOS app?

Trying to find out if Siri works with the RingCentral app so that I can make hands free calls while driving.

mobile
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Yes it does.  To be sure I just said, "Hey Siri call 4155551212 with RingCentral"

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered J.B. Ferguson commented
Additionally, if you mark RIngCentral as the default phone app for any given contact, it will use RingCentral as a default when calling that person. Then all you have to do is say, "Siri, call John Doe" and she will, using RingCentral.
4 comments
1 |3000

kevin-ginger14315 avatar image kevin-ginger14315 commented ·
Where is this setting? I don't see a way to manage this in my Contact app.
0 Likes 0 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
This is ONLY available, as far as I am aware, in iOS (v11.x or higher).

1. Select a contact and LONG PRESS the Call button. It will show any and all calling apps (i.e., RIngCentral) you have installed on the phone.

2. Select the calling app then select the contact's phone number you want associated with that app.

Now when you call that contact's phone number you selected, it will call them with the RIngCentralmobile app.

This can be set per number. So if you have a friend with a business, you can have the RC mobile app call his business phone yet still call his personal home or cell number with your regular iPhone cell number.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nice! On my iPhone X it is a 3D tap (press hard) to bring up those options. Now, is there a way to bulk update all my G Suite (business) contacts to do this? Doubtful.
0 Likes 0 ·
Yeah....I have a iPhone 7 Plus and what you call a 3D tap is the same as what the 7+ calls a Long Press.

Couldn't tell you. I don't use G Suite. But, yeah....that is a sweet option on iPhones. To be able to use different calling apps for different people AND for different numbers for that contact. I use it for my clients all the time. Easiest way to call them directly from my Google contacts (regular Google....not G Suite).
0 Likes 0 ·
sean14112 avatar image
sean14112 answered
Oh wow! Awesome! I will be trying that out on the commute home later for sure. Thanks for the helpful responses!
1 |3000

kevin-ginger14315 avatar image
kevin-ginger14315 answered J.B. Ferguson commented
The new iOS app name is "RC Phone"

I've tried "Hey Siri, call 555-555- 5555 with RC Phone" but Siri replies "I wish I could but RC Phone hasn't set that up with me yet".

Today my support agent said this functionality does not exist. He told me to reference him: Martin Vincent J.

5 comments
1 |3000

But I'm pretty sure it's just called RingCentral as far as the iPhone is aware. Have you tried, "Hey Siri, call 555-555- 5555 with RingCentral" ? I think Brandon covered that one week ago.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Likes 0 ·
I agree.....Use the words RingCentral instead of RC Phone.
0 Likes 0 ·
I've tried "Hey Siri, call 555-555- 5555 with RingCentral" but Siri replies "I don't see an app for that. You'll need to download one."

0 Likes 0 ·
RingCentral is one word. My Siri recognizes it as one word but I say it quickly with no perceivable delay between what could be the two words. Don't know if that would make a difference. It works for me and works for Brandon too. Don't know what to tell you.
0 Likes 0 ·
J.B. Ferguson answered

1 |3000

kevin-ginger14315 answered

1 |3000

kevin-ginger14315 answered
downloading the "RingCentral" app.
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson answered
Strange!
1 |3000

Now it works! 

I wasn't using the other "RingCentral" app. I had only installed the RC Phone app , kept it current and was unaware of the this app on the App Store.

1 comment
1 |3000

There ya go! Glad it's working for you now.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you for your help,   J.B. Ferguson
1 comment
1 |3000

You're very welcome!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app