News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Is there a way to stop Hotdesk phones from receiving faxes
Tags: hardware
Mar 20, 2019 at 7:44am   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
lee2

I have some of our Polycom phones setup as common area phones. I don't see an option to change the line to voice only so I am not sure how to stop receiving faxes

7 Answers
answered on Mar 20, 2019 at 8:45am  
That was my first thought also, but there is no option under phones. All I have I have is remove line. If I view the properties of the phone number It does say, Number type: Voice with no options, but i am still getting faxes.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:10pm  
Ok, So I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking at the hot desk extension and not the logged in user's extension that was receiving the fax. Just got a little confused. 

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:10pm  
Ok, Thank you Saadet. I will contact them. 

answered on Mar 20, 2019 at 8:29am  
Hmmm...I know Support can turn off the Fax line for a device on the back end. That might work.

answered on Mar 20, 2019 at 7:47am  
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

To piggy back on Lee's request, we want a way to turn off faxing to all Courtesy Phones and Common Area Phones which are not "User" assigned phones - only used for outgoing calls. 

Please VOTE for this if it gets re-categorized as an Idea

answered on Mar 20, 2019 at 8:16am  
Gordon is correct, that should work. Unfortunately I don't have a hotdesk phone on my test account so I can't verify. Let us know how it goes, Lee!

answered on Mar 20, 2019 at 8:04am  
Lee, I thought you could specify the phone as voice only instead of Voice and Fax.
Under Phone System --> Phone Numbers, select the direct phone number and then change the number type to Voice Only.
Perhaps someone can clarify if this is the correct function

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us