News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Create extensions for internal communicatios
Tags: extension
May 2, 2019 at 11:18am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
jenny-saume

How can I create extensions for our employees to communicate internally? No need to place or receive external calls.

Thanks!

4 Answers
answered on May 6, 2019 at 10:54am  
I see. I thought it would be possible after I got an email from RingCentral about mobile users with no line that would be charged as regular users if they place calls. Thanks anyways!

answered on May 6, 2019 at 10:48am  
It must have associated line to work on the workaround I detailed above.   If using the RingCentral Desktop HUD app it will route to voicemail automatically because of no designated line. It still needs a line attached as the designated line as far as I know. 

answered on May 6, 2019 at 10:35am  
Hi Cecile, thanks so much for your reply.

I don't know much about configurating RingCentral, but I believe this solution, which I followed, is for limiting access to domestic calls. My issue is that I created an extension without a phone or line, and I want my people to use the desktop app to communicate internally.

If I dial from the desktop app of this new extension to mine, it rings, but when I dial from my extension to the new one, it goes straight to voicemail. I guess I did something wrong when I created the new extension.

Sorry for not explaining myself well the first time.  

answered on May 2, 2019 at 12:38pm  
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

This solution will depend on what level of RingCentral account you have provisioned.  If you account permits CUSTOM ROLES ---- do this

In the ROLES area of the Service Web portal - 

1. create a custom role  based on the Standard User.
2. and name it something like "Internal Users" so it indicates the limitation in the role name. 

Simply uncheck the Domestic Calls capability and leave Internal Calls   checked

Edit any other restrictions in the newly created role you may wish to add -  we allow viewing of the Call Logs but NOT DELETION OF LOGS ---(this choice is further down the list than I have in the attached photo. 

Join our unofficial RingCentral Admins User Group 
http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/index.html

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us