News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Phone NOW requires mouse click to initiate call
Tags: phone
Jun 7, 2019 at 1:37pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
kws

I have a US account. Related case number is 08805264. I have had two chats and two phone conversations with RingCentral folks trying to resolve this. I have tried multiple versions of the app including 10.3.1 and 11.0.2, and perhaps others. Previously when using RingCentral phone on my PC running Windows 10, I could initiate a call by typing the phone number and then pressing enter twice. I did not need to move my hand to the mouse. Now, I cannot initiate the call without having to jump to the mouse and click. Functionality has been lost with the "upgrades". And even though I went back and downloaded an old version, I must still initiate with a mouse click. It seems like a small thing, but when you are making many phone calls each day, it is really troublesome. How can I get back that functionality?

2 Answers
answered on Jun 8, 2019 at 3:46pm  
Maybe go back to 11.0.1.35084 to avoid the problem?

answered on Jun 8, 2019 at 7:32am  
I noticed the same thing too.  It's part of the "if it ain't broken - break it" clause of our contracts!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us