News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call Queues and Call Waiting
Tags: call queues
May 29, 2020 at 8:49am   •   3 replies  •  3 likes
michael-morgan

We have a call queue setup. Calls come into our main number and ring first at the front desk. If she doesn't answer, they are routed sequentially to the other numbers.

Recently something changed. Our front desk always had call waiting enabled. If she was on a call, she would see a new call coming in, and she could answer it. Now she does not see the new call coming it, it just routes directly to the next number in the queue.

So basically, we had call waiting in a call queue, but it has been turned off somehow.

How do we turn it back on?

on May 29, 2020 at 9:03am   •  0 likes
I see all the posts saying there was no call waiting in a call queue, but multiple people in the office swear it was working this way - not just the person at the front desk.
on Aug 2, 2021 at 3:38am   •  0 likes

You are absolutely correct. We used to have call waiting on the call queue until today, when I rang support and they changed something. It altered settings and now it's gone, with no way of getting it back! I'm savage!!!!!

on May 29, 2020 at 8:58am   •  0 likes
That's interesting. We thought that there wasn't call waiting on a Call Queue, that if an extension was in use then it was eliminated from an incoming call. We wanted it to work so that if a call comes in and one phone is in use, the person on the phone could hang up and then it would ring alongside the other phones already ringing.

The workaround was to shorten the ring time of the individual extensions (found this in another post) to 5-10 seconds so that if they hung up, it would get re queued and ring again in that 5-10 second time frame. Not ideal, but my understanding is that it's the only way to make it happen. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us