News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Text record of IVR prompt responses
Tags: sdk
Dec 24, 2016 at 3:15am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
jim-reynolds

Use case: We have employees in the field who arrive at a work site with a series of tasks to complete. Currently, they call to login and logout; we check the call log and record in our database.

I want to add a prompt (or series of prompts) to the logout call. Preferably it would be "Press the code for the completed task you wish to record," and the user types codes to report all the completed tasks of that assignment (typically 10-12 completed tasks but there would be hundreds of options). However it could be a prompt with "Did you complete Task A/B/C?" <1-Yes/2-No>.

I do not currently see a way to have the call log or an IVR menu record the user's responses. Does that capability exist?

1 Answer
answered on Dec 29, 2016 at 12:24pm  
Currently, RingCentral product and platform API does not expose the COMPLETE information which I think you may be seeking, but here is what is currently available:

In the call log you can see the call path that a call took, but not the key presses.

Example:
  • If I call an IVR
  • Then chose option 1
  • Then option 3
  • Then option 4
I'll see the name of the IVR, the user and queue to which the call rang in the Call Log. However, I will not receive a report showing which keys the caller actually pressed during the session.

RingCentral does offer a product that does provide this data called, "Contact Center": https://www.ringcentral.com/contact-center/overview.html

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us