question

karen-debolt avatar image
karen-debolt asked mary-community-moderator commented

Need main COMPANY phone line to ring, not go to Auto-attendant

I need our main line to ring on my phone. How is this done? I have a direct # on my phone, but I am also the recptionist and need to answer incoming calls to the main line.

admin portal
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Karen,

When you say "ring on my phone" , are you referring to a third-party number?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

karen-debolt avatar image
karen-debolt answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi Mary - I have a Yealink, RingCentral phone that was ported over from our old carrier yesterday. THough I have my own direct line ringing on this phone, I need to have the main number ring at my phone so I can answer it. When logged in as Admin, going to Phone System/Phone Numbers/Company is shows: The Main Company Number will connect callers to the Auto-Receptionist. Previously, I have always been able to answer two numbers on my phone. Thanks.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Karen, sorry for the delay in response. Can you confirm if this is sorted? If not, @Mary-Community_Moderator can you please assist?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Karen, please send us an email at Community.support@ringcentral.com so we can continue with troubleshooting if you still need an assistance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app