question

Chris Martin avatar image
Chris Martin asked mary-community-moderator commented

Desktop RC app not showing unread message count

Around 12:30PM ET the desktop RC app stopped showing unread message counts for Direct Messages and Teams. The pop-up still occurs, but if you don't click on it in time, then you don't know in which Direct Message or Team chat to go looking for it and all other missed updates.

It's similar to the Oct 13th issues, except today the message are there , but we just don't know new ones arrived or where to look for them.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered

Hi Chris,

We checked with the product team, this is a known issue that is being actively looked into. It should be resolved soon, please continue to restart the app. If you're still experiencing this issue tomorrow, please let us know and we will follow up with the product team!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tim Rohe avatar image
Tim Rohe answered mary-community-moderator commented

I am having a similar issue. It seems one of my group messages does not show unread messages. I tested it last Friday and had someone post a message. I had a different conversation highlighted and was watching the RC screen and saw the group flash (1) unread message and then go back to none without me touching anything. Any way to fix this? It just started here in the last week.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Tim Rohe, please try reinstalling your app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tim Rohe avatar image
Tim Rohe answered mary-community-moderator commented

Reinstalled app and it is still happening. It only appears to affect one team. All my direct messages and other teams seem to be working fine. Is there a team notification setting that might be causing it? No one else in the team is having an issue.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Can you instead try to leave the team and re-join?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app