question

Jeff Findley avatar image
Jeff Findley asked Todd Hill answered

Day IVR, Custom Rules, and Holidays

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Main Day IVR so it just rings an extension. In this case a call queue. No IVR.

Main Night IVR is an IVR and works fine.

The only way I can figure out how to do this is to set up a Custom Rule that basically skips the Main Day IVR. I did this and calls are currently being routed directly to the correct extension/call queue during daytime hours.

However, since I set up a Custom Rule to do this I now have no way to create rules for holidays. I can only do it manually right at or close to the time of the holiday.

What I really want is a way to have the Day IVR just go to an extension like you can with the Night IVR. I'm not sure why this isn't an available choice. Seems like an oversight to me.

If anyone has any suggestions or someplace else I should post this please let me know.

Thanks,

JF

ivr
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @Jeff Findley, I would highly suggest opening a case HERE, and our phone support will help you configuring your IVR settings. Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Todd Hill avatar image
Todd Hill answered

See Jeff...this is my problem with them too. You can't get ANYTHING from them except an excuse to call them, then try it. See if you can actually reach them when you need it. EVERY SINGLE HOLIDAY, our IVR menus fail to switch over. Every single holiday, I have to spend it with RingCentral instead of my family fixing this stupid problem. Every single holiday, I wish I was using something else. Wouldn't it be nice if the instructions for holiday IVR were someplace locatable and not outdated like most of the information on the support site?

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app