question

ryan-reed avatar image
ryan-reed asked Kyle Heney commented

How do I view scheduled meetings in the new RingCentral Desktop App?

How do I view scheduled meetings in the new RingCentral Desktop App? In the RingCentral Meetings app, there was a tab for "Meetings" where I could see all recurring and scheduled meetings.

meetings
19 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Daniel Reynolds avatar image Daniel Reynolds commented ·

Whether or not you have connected to an external calendar, the RingCentral app itself should hold the scheduled meetings and show in your events tab. Scheduled meetings are not showing here, and then meeting info is not retrievable if you need to resend etc.

2 Likes 2 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Daniel Reynolds commented ·

Hi Daniel, scheduled meetings are available in Video Tab. See screenshot below,

screen-shot-2021-07-14-at-70807-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Phil Williams avatar image Phil Williams commented ·

I have exactly the same issue. Local Exchange and Outlook 2016 so cannot integrate Office 365 or Google calendars.

This means I have to use RC Meetings app to be able to view upcoming meetings and start them.

Surely if you haven't integrated/joined a calendar system, the RC App should display a list of upcoming meetings that Allows you to start one from the list ( The same as it does in RC-meetings).

1 Like 1 ·
Phil Williams avatar image Phil Williams commented ·

I raised the same issue a few months back regarding meetings not displaying natively within the RC App. It only seemed to be available my means of integration with O365 or Google (neither of which we use) or within RC Meetings. Also, if you use VDIs or RDS, then it doesn't play nice due to the technology, so it has to be installed on the local user device to get the best experience meaning that the integrations are also difficult in these scenarios.

Anyway. After raising this with RC, they have updated the Apps to display one off and recurring meetings natively in the Video section of the App without the need for calendar integrations. We have version "21.2.25.1169 Windows" and this contains these enhancements.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Phil Williams commented ·

Thanks for sharing this, @Phil Williams!

0 Likes 0 ·
DANIEL MORALES avatar image DANIEL MORALES Phil Williams commented ·

Hello @Phil William, can you please confirm if you are in fact seeing your meetings WITHOUT a calendar connection to an Office 365 (or Gmail) account?

Do you get to see your meetings on the web app (app.ringcentral.com) as well?

We are on a newer version of the app (21.3.21.1786) and nothing shows here either.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phil Williams avatar image Phil Williams DANIEL MORALES commented ·

Yes, the meetings display within the Windows App and also the Web App. We are using RingCentral Meetings though (Zoom based) and not RingCentral Video option.

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-reed avatar image ryan-reed commented ·

Hmm. I don't see anything on my calendar under events. When I create the event, do I need to do something different? My RingCentral Meetings app shows that I created a "Test" meeting at 4:00 today.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ ryan-reed commented ·

@ryan-reed Have you confirmed that your Outlook or Google Calendar is synced with the app?
This will help to be able to see all your scheduled meetings in the app.

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-reed avatar image ryan-reed Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Our company email is on an exchange server internally, so the Outlook and Google calendars do not work. When I do setup a meeting in the RingCentral App, however, it shows on my calendar in Outlook (if that makes sense?).

0 Likes 0 ·
david-hepper13499 avatar image david-hepper13499 commented ·

Same here, but worse. I have selected Schedule using: [Meeting info] but there are no fields to set the date and time of the meeting in the main Schedule a meeting dialog. When I copy my meeting info to the clipboard and paste it manually into a mail message there is no meeting time! Unsurprisingly, I can't start the meeting either because I can't find it in the App interface.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Wendy Busse-Coleman avatar image
Wendy Busse-Coleman answered David Rozsa commented

Hi!

Great question! You will see an INBOX on the left. Hover over it, and you will see TASKS, EVENTS, FILES, and NOTES. Open and it will display all tasks, events (meetings), etc. Click on Events and you can look at Day, Week, and Month.

Also, depending on the calendar you use (i.e., Office 365 or Google) you can connect allowing meetings, etc. to appear as well. We use, Google, thus anything I enter or ACCEPT through my Google calendar appears in this app.

I hope I have explained clearly. Let me know how it goes or if you have additional questions!

8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ryan-reed avatar image ryan-reed commented ·

So, I see the inbox, but everything is blank likely because I am not synced to an Outlook or Google calendar. Our email is located on a local exchange server so we do not have Office 365 or Google. I don't necessarily need my entire calendar in the RingCentral App, all I was looking for was a place to see my upcoming/recurring meetings like I could under the "Meetings" tab/icon in the RingCentral Meetings App.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Rozsa avatar image David Rozsa commented ·

This is completely false. No events show up. I have about 20 recurring meetings scheduled through the RingCentral Meetings app. The new RingCentral App is a major downgrade and should be withdrawn.

-1 Like -1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ David Rozsa commented ·

@David Rozsa Are you using an email integration? We're happy to help but will need a few more details about what your setup is.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Rozsa avatar image David Rozsa Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

No, we cannot use email integration. Email is within our VDI environment; the RingCentral app is installed on local client devices (since the VDI latency would negatively impact call and webconference quality).

We need two things immediately: 1) The ability to see a list of our scheduled (from RingCentral Meetings) meetings (including recurring meetings) in the RingCentral unified app; 2) The ability to schedule recurring meetings in the RingCentral unified app.

Any other features that were present in the Meetings or Phone apps that do not already appear in the unified app need to be implemented immediately, or you need to reverse the sunsetting of those two superior apps and allow your customers to continue to use the more robust functionality for which we're paying. The unified app, despite its time since release, is nowhere close to being ready for prime time.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app