Question

How do I view scheduled meetings in the new RingCentral Desktop App?

• 7 December 2020
  • 10 replies

How do I view scheduled meetings in the new RingCentral Desktop App? In the RingCentral Meetings app, there was a tab for "Meetings" where I could see all recurring and scheduled meetings.

10 replies

Hi!

Great question! You will see an INBOX on the left. Hover over it, and you will see TASKS, EVENTS, FILES, and NOTES. Open and it will display all tasks, events (meetings), etc. Click on Events and you can look at Day, Week, and Month.

Also, depending on the calendar you use (i.e., Office 365 or Google) you can connect allowing meetings, etc. to appear as well. We use, Google, thus anything I enter or ACCEPT through my Google calendar appears in this app.

I hope I have explained clearly. Let me know how it goes or if you have additional questions!

Hmm. I don't see anything on my calendar under events. When I create the event, do I need to do something different? My RingCentral Meetings app shows that I created a "Test" meeting at 4:00 today.

So, I see the inbox, but everything is blank likely because I am not synced to an Outlook or Google calendar. Our email is located on a local exchange server so we do not have Office 365 or Google. I don't necessarily need my entire calendar in the RingCentral App, all I was looking for was a place to see my upcoming/recurring meetings like I could under the "Meetings" tab/icon in the RingCentral Meetings App.

I have exactly the same issue. Local Exchange and Outlook 2016 so cannot integrate Office 365 or Google calendars.

This means I have to use RC Meetings app to be able to view upcoming meetings and start them.

Surely if you haven't integrated/joined a calendar system, the RC App should display a list of upcoming meetings that Allows you to start one from the list ( The same as it does in RC-meetings).

Same here, but worse. I have selected Schedule using: [Meeting info] but there are no fields to set the date and time of the meeting in the main Schedule a meeting dialog. When I copy my meeting info to the clipboard and paste it manually into a mail message there is no meeting time! Unsurprisingly, I can't start the meeting either because I can't find it in the App interface.

Whether or not you have connected to an external calendar, the RingCentral app itself should hold the scheduled meetings and show in your events tab. Scheduled meetings are not showing here, and then meeting info is not retrievable if you need to resend etc.

This is completely false. No events show up. I have about 20 recurring meetings scheduled through the RingCentral Meetings app. The new RingCentral App is a major downgrade and should be withdrawn.

I raised the same issue a few months back regarding meetings not displaying natively within the RC App. It only seemed to be available my means of integration with O365 or Google (neither of which we use) or within RC Meetings. Also, if you use VDIs or RDS, then it doesn't play nice due to the technology, so it has to be installed on the local user device to get the best experience meaning that the integrations are also difficult in these scenarios.

Anyway. After raising this with RC, they have updated the Apps to display one off and recurring meetings natively in the Video section of the App without the need for calendar integrations. We have version "21.2.25.1169 Windows" and this contains these enhancements.

My entire team is having this same issue. We are all on Macs and have been told this is a known issue. We need this updated, like yesterday! Please someone help me with this as this could cause us to move away from RC totally.

I have been having the same issue on and off.

Version: 21.3.25.654 Web, 21.3.22.1859 Windows

Date: 2021-09-02 07:17:00

I scheduled two meetings the other day and they are nowhere to be found. I can access them from my Outlook calendar, but I cannot start them as host from the desktop Ring Central app because they are not listed. This is a big issue. Why do they disappear?