News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
System wide speed dial
Tags: speed dial
Mar 3, 2021 at 11:05am   •   3 replies  •  2 likes
Don Zelenak

Is there a concept of a "system wide speed dial" - I.e numbers we can program in that can be speed dialed from either a soft button on each phone, or dialing a special code (I.e. dialing "*1" from any phone on the platform would call a number we have defined in the system?)

on Mar 3, 2021 at 12:36pm   •  0 likes

Hello @Don Zelenak, for feature requests, please submit it in our Ideas Portal here.

2 Answers
answered on Apr 1, 2021 at 2:14pm  

You can create a queue, close it for all hours save for 15 minutes on a day you won't need the speed dial (say, Sunday from 2am - 2:15am) -> Call Handling and Forwarding -> After Hours -> Forward to external number -> enter the number.

There is a limit of 100 call queues per account, so this may not work if you have multiple in use queues and/or over 100 #s you need as speed dials.

answered on Apr 1, 2021 at 2:42pm  

This is actually a brilliant idea (Speed dial with a defined number) . This will actually save time in calling most frequent or emergency numbers. But as per I am concern its still not there in the system. If you can create this as an idea on idea portal, I think RC team can look into this as a future implementation.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us