question

Gregory Clauberg avatar image
Gregory Clauberg asked Anirban answered

Create Meeting Groups for specific user settings

Hello, our company is transitioning from Zoom Video\Audio Conferencing to RingCentral Meetings. We are currently still using Zoom and I am trying to duplicate our Zoom Meeting Groups the same in RingCentral Meetings.

We currently have 2 Groups setup in our Zoom meeting console. 1 group has the option to enable "Join before host" when scheduling a meeting and the other group does not have that option.

I spoke with RC support and they explained that at this time RC Meetings Settings does not have the option to create separate groups. That the default settings in RC Meetings is the same for all users, so its all or nothing.

Is there any plans to have this feature in RC Meetings the same way it is an option in Zoom? We have executives and assistants who we allow to have "Join before host" but the rest of our users we have that turned off by default. So the meeting host must start the meeting.

Please let me know if there is ANY work around to allow this to work.

Thanks,

Greg Clauberg

meetings
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jacquelyn Krouse avatar image Jacquelyn Krouse commented ·

Following !

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, that is the limitation on RingCentral meetings API.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

You can ask a feature request here

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/

RC team can review the feature request and implement it in future and update you

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys