question

Alec Welwood avatar image
Alec Welwood asked mary-community-moderator commented

Unable to install new RingCentral app

This error seems to occur when a user uninstalls ring central classic and then attempts to install the new ring central app. We have been unable to resolve this for multiple users.

1618254447684.png

ringcentral app
1618254447684.png (12.7 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

For safer aspect after uninstall the old app, try to reboot your system once. If that doesn't help please raise a support ticket here and RC team can guide you

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi @Alec, this is currently a known issue. Please make sure to do a clean uninstall. RingCentral needs to be removed on Task Manager and Registry editor. Then uninstall the Control Panel Programs and Features. Lastly, delete C \User\<Username>\AppData\Local\Glip folder completely and try to install Jupiter again via ringcentral.com/apps/rc-app.

2 comments
1 |3000

AVAAL avatar image AVAAL commented ·

I had the same error,

"This new RingCentral app needs to be named as RingCentral, but you have the existing legacy RingCentral app on your computer"

I only use the RingCentral Phone app but some time ago I had installed Glip and the legacy app to try them out. They were already uninstalled when I got the error.

Deleting the C \User\<Username>\AppData\Local\Glip folder as suggested resolved the installer issue for the new app.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ AVAAL commented ·

Thank you for the additional information, @AVAAL.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app