question

Paul S Kim avatar image
Paul S Kim asked ·

The selected sandbox account doesn’t support SMS feature.

I am developing SMS Application using RingCental API.

I've been using the sandbox account so far without any problems.

But, I suddenly found the message below today.

"The selected sandbox account doesn’t support SMS feature. Contact Customer Support if needed!"

My sandbox account: +14242994816#101

smssandboxsandbox sms
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered ·

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered ·

Your sandbox phone number is provisioned for SMS incorrectly. Let me notify the service team to fix that. Will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

1 comment

Thank you. I can send SMS from sandbox again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered ·

BTW, they found out that you were sending a request to provision that number to support High Volume SMS? The number is provisioned based on your request but surely you cannot use it under your sandbox account. We will de-provision it and if you still need a High Volume SMS number, you have to choose a number from your production account.

2 comments

Could you please explain what it means to de-provision and choose a number from the production account?

0 Likes 0 ·

It meant that you or someone else filled out this form and provided that number to request for provisioning the number for supporting High Volume SMS.

So you did not do that? I can investigate more to see what was the email address of the requester if it was not you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.