Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 46
Photo of Syed Shah
remove instance names from URLs
Hello: We have received a Critical Update Expected March 16, 2019 that will affect our RingCentral integration due to our Org Instance. C...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nick Marcus
ZOOM powered meetings
It's obvious that Zoom is powering the white-labeled version called RingCentral Meetings. I'm cool with that as I currently use and love ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Julieta Bustos
RingCentral call log synced with Salesforce when using the phone app or the desktop app
1. Account Type: US 2. Construction Software Company 3. I'm requesting a wider integration with Salesforce  4. I would like to be able to...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Bala Koppella
Is there a way to Open the Task object when the user inputs the description and clicks the 'SAVE LOG' button?
Is there a way to Open the Task object  when the user inputs the description in the ring central for salesforce app and clicks the 'SAVE ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Joe Pryor
RingCentral for Salesforce - Open New Window/Tab
My problem is that none of my employees like the Ringcentral for Salesforce app. Why? Because if they are in the middle of setting up a c...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kim
RingCentral Archiver (for Dropbox, Google Drive and SFTP)
This provides an automatic back-up solution for customers to store: Voicemail Call recordings SMS messages, and Faxes How can I get Ring...
  • 24 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Article
Photo of Daniel McCarthy
Chrome extension will click to dial but not if I scroll down, or in a pop up frame
I'm using SalesforceIQ - click to dial works if I do not scroll down the list of contacts/accounts. It's great, I love being able to clic...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of James Jancel
Log calls made when not signed in to salesforce upon sign in.
US account Educational Sales  Upon login to Sales, Salesforce would pull the call logs since last login and add that information.  It al...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jordan Cashion
Salesforce: Incoming Call Within Salesforce
I have a brand new salesforce.com org and decided to integrate with my ring central account. I followed the admin guide to a T. The first...
  • 5 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of James Riordan
Salesforce Lightening and mobile app call/SMS action blank page
Call and SMS buttons in both Salesforce lightening & Salesforce mobile (iOS) popup to a blank page, no errors, CTI dialer works fine, I a...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Turner Seal
RingCentral for Salesforce - App signs out users, appears random
We use the RingCentral app on Salesforce and have it integrated for automatic call logging.  As a company we mainly use Chrome but due to...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Sean Alloway
Call information/log disappears quickly from Salesforce softphone when call is hung up
With the Salesforce (Lightning) integration of Ring Central, whenever a call is disconnected, the call information in the softphone disap...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Omari Starks
Automatically or manually logging calls as logged calls, not tasks
For reporting purposes, it's extremely important to be able to have calls logged as calls and task logged as tasks, not tasks logged as c...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Kevin Hart
Enable support for Salesforce clickjack protection
When "Enable clickjack protection for customer Visualforce pages with headers disabled" is enabled per Salesforce Security recommendation...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Woodward McKee
Salesforce edition or user license isn’t supported yet
I receive the message “Salesforce edition or user license isn’t supported yet” on almost all article links.
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Kurt Haller
Salesforce integration click-to-call not working. Phone icon next to the phone number has a line thru it and nothing happens when clicked
Salesforce integration click-to-call is not working. Follow the instructions in the admin guide. The little phone icon next to the teleph...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of TAVOR
RingCentral to automatically log calls as Salesforce activities
At first I thought this is kind of an obvious requirement, and something that should have been supported out-of-the-box, but after talkin...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ryan Greene
RingCentral for Salesforce update field "Task Subtype" to Call, instead of Task.
Currently, when there is an Inbound or Outbound call RingCentral populates the "Task Subtype" field with "Task". The only issue with this...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of Tim White
Existing pick list in soft phone layout
U.S. based company. We buy, sell, and fix firetrucks. We'd like to be able to use an existing pick list in SalesForce in our soft phone l...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Idea
Photo of Steve Thurston
Record Inbound Phone Number in Salesforce
Account Type:  U.S. Problem:  We have multiple phone numbers that customers can call in on.  Each one corresponds to a specific marketin...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned