Express setup, add the ability for admins to build a list of e911 addresses that users can choose from

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
Account type (U.S.
A brief description of the business-University Campus
A high level description of the product or feature being requested-Ability to have preset e911 choices that are created by the admins, that their end users can choose from with the following
Nickname ie building name
Street Address
City, State
Zip

A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: Many end users only know what building they work in on campus, not the address, making the e911 accepting an issue. If the users could click on their building name that is pre populated this would minimize risk of being the wrong address or them adding false info to pass the page.

Benefit of such feature: Correct information ensuring emergency services would have the correct address.
Include any related case number if applicable
Photo of Patrick Baird

Patrick Baird, Alum

• 494 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,154 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
We have 28 different geographical sites and this would be really helpful if it were implemented as suggested.  Our other idea is once these are 'set" by the Admin team, being able to lock users out of ability to change the info with an Admin level check box in the Portal.  The only way we have successfully locked them out of that setting is via ROLES... creating a custom user profile ROLE with it disabled for that class of user.
(Edited)
Photo of Chance Blessing

Chance Blessing

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Better Management/Provisioning of E911 Addresses - Aliases for Address.

Seems like this would be a clear/obvious improvement for those of us that have to provision phones and set them up for users. Would also be a benefit for the end user since they can change their E911 addresses from their side as well.

I do IT support for a hospital infrastructure, and we have a wide range of satellite locations. Our E911 list has become very cluttered with duplicate addresses, or I have to hunt and search for the right address for each clinic because it shows the full address and does not allow me to simply enter "Blackstock Clinic" or something similar as an alias.

Am I missing something here? Otherwise let me know what you guys think. Seems like it wouldn't be the hardest thing to implement/improve on.
Photo of Chance Blessing

Chance Blessing

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is ridiculous that there is not a better system in place for E911 provisioning. Completely amateur. I left the above comment 2 months ago and have received absolutely no response, I have brought this up with several RC reps and always get the run-around to come back and post here.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,154 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

2018-02-07  RingCentral does not control the e911 entries in the USA  INtrado does.  RingCentral provides a plugin-connector as a courtesy to their customers that allows your users or your Admins to update the e911 data "from" the RC portal  into the Intrado dataset for all e911 addresses.   To update your addresses, if you are the official account holder of the telecommunications account for your organization, you can login to Intrado directly:

https://iup.intrado.com/auth/Login?