How to reduce background noise with Plantronics Blackwire C725

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I am work in an office setting with sales representatives using Plantronics Blackwire C725 headsets. I am trying to find out how to reduce some of the background noise and hearing my office mates conversations near me during phone calls on Ring Central. The head set works very well with Ring Central Desktop App, however, the headset mic is very sensitive and picks up even the slightest noises in the office. I am wondering if there any way to change any setting inside Ring Central settings, or Plantronics Hub to reduce background noise when on a phone call. Anyone have any suggestions?
Photo of Chris Davis

Chris Davis

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,044 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Crhis,  There's not too much on the RingCentral end, but here's one thing you can test. 

With the Desktop App opened, presst Ctrl + F1 and you'll get a pop-up like below, which will allow you to click and select Acoustic Echo Cancellation.  Repeat the process to turn on/off and see if it helps at all. 

Then on the Plantronics device, look for the ANC setting (Active Noise Canceling) and try turning it on and off.  Maybe a combination of these two settings in either the on/off position will help. 

Let us know if you find a combination that works, or anyone else who has tested this model please chime in with your advise or experience. 

Mike 
(Edited)
Photo of Dee T.

Dee T.

• 388 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
There may be a setting in the headset software that needs to be switched as well.   Here is a link to the User Guide:  http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/kb/detail.jsp?vfurl=/articles/en_US/Documentation/Blackwire-72...
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Champion

• 2,422 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
On the softphone I think the HD call codec comes in so well that ANC isn't going to cancel everything well enough.  We've had some success turning off HD quality.  Would love it if there was something else that we can do to use HD in a call center without tons of background noise coming through.