RingCentral for Outlook: Ability to customize Meeting template in Office 365 outlook

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: RingCentral Meeting Invite Template Customization or Improvement (Outlook Meeting Plug-in)

I want to be able to customize the predefined script/text in office 365 outlook when clicking on the schedule a meeting button in the office 365 add in plug in.
Photo of Hayes

Hayes

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,000 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This Template? 

Photo of Hayes

Hayes

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 89,770 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry,  There's not a way to predifine that text. At this time you would basically have to customize it manually  Can you provide some examples or use case scenario for this idea request so our Product Team gets a better understanding of what you would like it to do? 

Mike 
Photo of Saqib Hassan

Saqib Hassan

• 52 Points
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled NEW FEATURE REQUEST for Ring Central Meetings:.

I want to be able to change the default text that appears in the body of the Outlook calendar invite when I schedule a meeting. I currently have to edit it every time I schedule a meeting such as the dial in numbers. Thank you for your consideration!
Photo of David Parent

David Parent

• 740 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'd like to remove the meeting web link out of the invite when I know I'm only interested in using audio only, but it gets placed back in the invite as you send it. This automatic re-insert feature should be removed or be a global option that you can disable.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 89,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi David Parent ,   If you know that you only want an audio conference, you can just use the "Conference"  button instead of the "RC Meeting" button.  This way the invitation will only include dial-in information. 

Photo of Justin Showers

Justin Showers

• 70 Points
Are there any updates on this? At the very least, we need to be able to edit the default content.

Taking it one step further, we actually need to be able to provide a library of "templates" so to speak, with different content in the calendar meeting invite based on the reason a staff member is scheduling the meeting. We have a plethora of standard meeting types used by both our Sales and Client Services teams, and they all use RingCentral meetings to schedule these. We need to standardize our prospect and client facing messaging in these instances.

We're used to having this functionality on other systems we've used but can't find a similar option right now in RingCentral.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.