Speed dials on new setup with Cisco SPA 525G Phones

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Hello,

I we just got setup with a couple of Cisco phones and I setup some speed dials but they continually alternate between the display name and blf2649580228 or similar numbers. I tried to go in and delete the speed dials but when I do there is no information listed in the speed dial location? I have rebooted the phone so not sure what else to do.

Photo of Dan Pinette

Dan Pinette

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,844 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dan, you would think this would be an easy thing to do but it is now.

here is my solution.  Create users (Without a Phone) No cost  disable unneeded features like voice mail greetings ETC.

then in the call flow section put the number you want it to dial.  Now that you have created this virtual extension, you could assign it to a button using presence or just dial the extension number and it will call out

Make sense?

Chuck
Certified RC Installer
chuck@yoritguy.com

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.