Skip to main content

Why when pressing the DND on a RC system setup with all Cisco 508g's does it not show the other users that the person who set their DND as away?(No BLF light on or blinking).

Hi Chris, 

I checked with Support and they advised that DND for physical phones resides on the phone itself only, it does not communicate with RC servers in any way so it doesn't show BLF to anyone. 

So a Samsung from 10 years ago will display a fast blinking DND light but RingCentral circa 2019 can not?
So again Ring Central is not looking into solving this issue? I would just like my receptionist to know when my agents hit the do not disturb button she will be able to take messages directly instead of trying to transfer and then not be succesful. 

Does anyone know of a VOIP that has DND BLF support? I signed up with Ring Central for specifically this reason after specifically asking if they have this feature only to find out that the sales person I spoke to had no idea what they were talking about - hopefully I get refunded if I cancel before the first 30 days...