Skip to main content

Hi all,

We are having an issue with three of twelve phones where the user extensions are not showing up on the actual desk phone but are previewing fine in admin view. We have reset all three phones and nothing has changed. Can someone provide a solution. Thanks. 

what exactly is the phone model?
It sounds like a limitation that is imposed by RC provisioning server.

I am going to give you an example with a random phone: Yealink T42

T42 supports up to 15 line keys. And if you take a look at the pic below, you’ll see that it has 3 pages, 5 line keys per page, the 6th line key is used to go to the next page.

If T42 is configured on RC however it only has up to 6 line keys - that’s because the 6th line keys is replaced with a normal line key, so you are no longer able to go to the next page. Not only that but RC also enforces the first 2 line keys to be your own lines, leaving you with 4 line keys to configure for other extensions.

==============================
You said 3 out of 12 are not showing. 
Therefore I assume your phone has 9 line keys per page - and the 10th key is used to go to the next page.
However RC config has overwritten this for you - so you have a user extension on line key 10 instead of the button to go to next page. 
=============================
So how to solve this? 4 options:
1. Manually provision the phone. 
PROS - it’s free
CONS - you’ll have to set up line keys and all functions directly on the phone - the admin portal will stop reflecting changes to the phone. For example things like Presence/Call pick up will have to be configured manually on the phone.

2. Custom config - you’d have to reach out to RC since only they can apply a custom config. Custom configs work by overwriting the default config you get from RC provisioning servers.
PROS - you’ll be able to set presence on the admin portal
CONS - RC will most likely charge you for a custom config
CONS2 - not all phone models support custom configs (hence I asked at the beginning what model phone you got?)

3. Key templates might help if your phone model is supported(hence I asked what model phone you got?). - this would allow you to reassign the first 2 line keys which are normally reserved for your own extension. i.e. you can think of this as getting 2 extra line keys.

4. Leave it as is
Not really a solution.