News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
external phone numbers allowed on speed dial buttons for the Polycom VVX 450
Tags: hardware
Nov 8, 2019 at 10:51am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
peter-long

We have RingCentral Polycom 450 phones and use the speed dial buttons to the left and right of the screen to call internal extensions quickly. But we also have a number of external - non RingCentral numbers that we call all the time and would like to program the speed dial buttons to call some of these numbers too. I am told this is not possible at this time and to submit it as an idea - so here you go.

4 Answers
answered on Sep 10, 2021 at 6:12am  

On my non-RC Poly VVX-450, once I add a few entries to the Presence buttons. Some added favorites creep up onto the presence keys as well, including outside numbers. Curious. Those entries can get pushed back down into Favorites as Presence entries are added.

Most phones on my client's system are RC-Poly phones, so I will be checking to see if the behavior is the same with these phones.

answered on Sep 10, 2021 at 6:10am  

You can take previously called numbers and add them to favorites, then access them by pressing the up arrow on the phone: To add - on my VVX-450, for example, Home, 4,3,select recent call, OK (center button), "Save" (soft button below display), Edit [using keypad and arrows], and soft button "Save" again.

answered on Nov 8, 2019 at 11:22am  
I think you can also long hold one of the available buttons and program an external speed dial that way.

answered on Nov 8, 2019 at 10:54am  
On the VVX line of phones you can add contacts locally on the phone itself (Home > Directories > Contact Directory).  Not sure if that's an option on the 450.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us