News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Cant make call outside organization
Tags: phone
Sep 17, 2021 at 12:29pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Kurt JImenez

Hi there,

Good day! I cannot make phone calls outside the organization even our company admin already approved my access. Could you please help us with this? Thank you so much!

on Sep 17, 2021 at 12:35pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Kurt JImenez, What error message are you getting?

on Sep 17, 2021 at 12:38pm   •  0 likes

This is the error

ring-central-error.png

on Sep 17, 2021 at 12:55pm   •  0 likes

Would you please check in the web portal if your extension has a Digital Line assigned to it? It is the type of phone number that will let you make outgoing calls to external numbers. Otherwise, if it is only a Direct Number, you can only receive calls. You can access the KB Article below on how to check if you have a Digital Line.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/How-to-Distinguish-Direct-Virtual-Number-From-DigitalLine.html

You need to contact your Super Admin to convert your Direct Line to a Digital Line. It will cost an additional charge since its price is higher than a Direct Number. The Super Admin may follow the steps on the KB Article below on how to convert.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Convert-a-Direct-Number-to-a-DigitalLine-in-the-RingCentral-Online-Account.html

on Sep 20, 2021 at 11:19am   •  0 likes

Hi there,

As i checked my web portal, there is no number listed. Please see the attached screenshot.

screenshot-398.png

on Sep 20, 2021 at 12:28pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for checking this, Kurt. Your extension doesn't have a Digital Line assigned. It would be best if you had assistance with your account admin to purchase one for you.

on Sep 20, 2021 at 12:31pm   •  0 likes

Is there an article available for the instruction of availing Digital Line? Thanks a lot!

on Sep 20, 2021 at 12:52pm   •  0 likes
on Sep 20, 2021 at 1:49pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for this! Also, quick question, we have staff outside USA. Is this method will apply to staff outside USA? and alternatively, can he/she use a VPN to connect to USA?

on Sep 20, 2021 at 2:40pm   •  0 likes

As long as the staff is using the app, it will work.

on Sep 20, 2021 at 2:47pm   •  0 likes

Got it. Will advise our super admin regarding this (coz I'm already an admin haha) Thank you so much for the help! Will reach out here in case we encounter problem :)

on Sep 20, 2021 at 3:34pm   •  0 likes

You're very much welcome, Kurt! Reach out here anytime. :)

1 Answer
answered on Sep 20, 2021 at 12:50pm  

@Kurt JImenez this is how you can add a digital line to your extension

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/ringcentral-phone-softphone-outbound-calling-adding-digital-line.html

Once you set it up, you will able to call/receive call outside your organisation

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us