News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Cannot send sms from main company number
Tags: rest api
Sep 28, 2021 at 1:06am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Cote_Business Systems

I have a production app working and it can send outgoing sms messages form all my numbers properly, except from my main company number. I have search around the forum and found several references that state that you have to use the operator extension that is defined in your IVR - which I am doing. But i am still getting the "Phone number doesn't belong to extension" error message returned.

Is this a possible problem with Multilevel-IVR? or does anyone know of a possible other issue that I may be missing.

2 Answers
answered on Sep 28, 2021 at 2:20am  

"If you indicate a company number (not direct extension number) as your "from" number, you must be logged in as a company operator to be allowed to send SMS from this number. By default, main system administrator extension is defined as a company operator, but it can be changed in RingCentral Service Web UI . "

See the reference answer: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/1557/send-sms-error-msg-304.html?page=2&pageSize=10&sort=oldest

on Sep 28, 2021 at 7:08am   •  0 likes

Thanks Anirban, we already had found this reference, and we are logged in as our main company operator extension that is defined in our IVR settings. We have this changed from the default ext 0, to ext 222 AND we are using Multilevel-IVR, so I am not sure if either of these are causing an issue. But we are logging in as 222 and are able to authenticate and obtain incoming fax and sms messages for our main number, we just cannot send.

answered on Sep 28, 2021 at 7:51am  

Check your IVR general setting to see which extension was selected to receives all calls and messages by default for the main company number. Login your app with that extension then you will be able to send SMS from the main company number.

screen-shot-2021-09-28-at-73818-am.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us