News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Unable to Reply to Group Text of More than 10 People on RingCentral App
Tags: sms and text messaging
Oct 14, 2021 at 3:39pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
John Di Lemme

I am on a group text with 21 business colleagues. When I try to reply to the text, I get an error message on the RingCentral app that says "Cannot send message - exceeded maximum number of recipients for a Group MMS." One of the RC support team members said that I could use an addon app to prevent this issue, but he never sent me the info. Any assistance would be appreciate especially since it seems pretty silly that I can't reply to a simple group text through the RC app. Thank you.

1 Answer
answered on Oct 14, 2021 at 4:12pm  

As per this following link

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/29772/adding-recipients-from-excel-for-sms-creating-grou.html

"You can send an SMS individually or group in up to 10 numbers outside of your contact list by separating it by a semicolon. "

I can also see a feature request in idea portal on same

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-1158

on Oct 14, 2021 at 4:36pm   •  0 likes

Thank you for your reply; however, that only works if I am sending a text. In this case, I'm replying to a group text sent by my colleague and I am unable to edit any names in the group including adding semicolons or simply removing them. Unfortunately feature requests are great, but don't happen for months or years with RC. Thanks again for your reply.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us