News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Invalid resource owner credentials move to production
Tags: authentication
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:46am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Alec Jones

Hi,
Recently graduated my app, and I have so far been unable to make any calls to the production side.

I updated client_id, secret, username, ext, and password as shown in the app account console.

I have tested being able to log into https://service.ringcentral.com/, I am able to successfully log into the account via my email + password, however, if I try the the number it doesn't match and won't log me in.

In my app, I have tried to use the email and the phone number provided, tried without an extension number as I saw that as a possible work around in another thread, but so far I have not had any luck.

I am slightly unsure as to which password should be used at this point after reading many conflicting things on here. As changing my password from the app/console and then using that doesn't seem to be accepted when tried with a number, but will with an email address. Strange.

This is the response I get.

"error" : "invalid_grant",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ],

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

My client-id = UNrzp-PGTemxt4CXFrFGKw

2 Answers
answered on Oct 22, 2021 at 6:02am  

I just solved this a few minutes after posting! Nevermind, I was using the wrong extension number, when logging in as the main company number.

on Oct 22, 2021 at 6:07am   •  0 likes

That's great

answered on Oct 22, 2021 at 6:05am  

I can understand you are getting confused with different solution you found in different thread here.

You can visit this https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case select your app and mention the issue you are facing. It will create a ticket to developer support team and they will get back to you to assist.

@Phong Vu can also assist here.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us