News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Text
Tags: sms and text messaging
Jan 13, 2022 at 9:42am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Lisa Oubre-Edwards

For some reason, we are received email notifications of transcribed text messages that random vendors/people are texting our direct phone number. I can read the text messages but cannot figure out how to respond back to them. There is a link that says "To reply using the RingCentral app, click here. " however, click here leads me down a rabbit hole with no answers! (I am using a PC to view email and the RC portal.)

1 Answer
answered on Jan 13, 2022 at 11:11am  

@Lisa Oubre-Edwards To view SMS, you must login to the RingCentral app. Download the app from this link.

Here's also a guide on how to view your SMS once you're in the app.

https://support.ringcentral.com/app/phone/desktop-web/sending-text-message-ringcentral-app-desktop-web.html

on Jan 13, 2022 at 12:41pm   •  0 likes

Thank you, Mary. I have already downloaded the app to the PC; however, it does not show the text messages that I have actually received in an email form. I am looking for a way to respond to that direct text message in my email.

on Jan 13, 2022 at 3:39pm   •  0 likes

Your email may have been added to be notified when someone sends an SMS to that number. If that number is the main number, the operator extension is the one that will receive it in the app. If that number belongs to another extension, only that user will receive it in the app. Are you an admin on the account?

on Jan 14, 2022 at 6:18am   •  0 likes

Thank you, it does come in on the main line. I am the account admin.

on Jan 14, 2022 at 9:46am   •  0 likes

You may check the operator extension in the admin portal. You may check the guide through this KB Article, https://support.ringcentral.com/search.html#q=operator%20extension&t=All&sort=relevancy

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us