News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How do you pull data for all users within an account?
Tags: rest api
Mar 2, 2022 at 8:15am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
James Smith

Please forgive any ignorance on my end as I am very new to the RingCentral platform

We have a need to pull all account data for our institution from RingCentral and I have found an API provided that pulls account data. However, this only pulls data for a specific given account and we need to do a "wide open" pull of all accounts. I have seen some evidence that this ability is in the works. Is that true? Is there a workaround, or another preferred method to pull all accounts?

1 Answer
answered on Mar 2, 2022 at 1:40pm  

In RingCentral, account is a company and extensions (users) are employees under that account (think of employees in a company). You are wrote all accounts, I guess that you meant all extensions, right?

To read account info, call this API

To read all extensions info, call this API and you may need to read each extension individually to get more details, call this API

Hope this helps!

on Mar 2, 2022 at 2:08pm   •  0 likes

Thank you and yes it does. It looks like I had my terminology mixed up. Do you happen to know where I could find the accountId for a sandbox account? I do not see it in the admin console

on Mar 2, 2022 at 2:30pm   •  0 likes

If you read an extension, you will find the account id in the account object in the response.

When calling a RingCentral API, you don't need to explicitly specify the account id or the extension id, you can use the tilde ~ then the platform will recognize the value based on the access token granted for that user (the user which call the API). E.g.

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/[accountId]

//Can be called as
https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/
on Mar 11, 2022 at 11:13am   •  0 likes

Thank you so much for your help! I apologize for my delayed response. After successfully calling the above APIs in Postman I had to quickly transition to produce the same results in SnapLogic I have been working on calling the mentioned APIs in the SnapLogic platform. This may be out of scope for this thread, but I have successfully authenticated through SnapLogic, however I am getting a permission error when I try to call the extension APIs in SnapLogic. The message states that the needed permission for the endpoint is EditAccount (which doesn't even appear to be an option), but as you can see the documentation indicates that ReadAccount is what is needed and that is currently what I have. Would you, or anyone, have any insight into this message? I am also reaching out in the SnapLogic Community because of the fact that this endpoint works perfectly fine in Postman.

Thanks again for all your help,

James

on Mar 15, 2022 at 9:38am   •  0 likes

Can you check what is the endpoint they call? EditAccount permission is sensitive and can only be granted by a RingCentral account manager.

on Mar 15, 2022 at 9:50am   •  1 likes

Hi,

Thanks for replying back again. This has actually just been resolved. It turns out the way SnapLogic handles Oauth2 accounts using the password grant_type takes care of more than I initially realized (admittedly I am still on a learning curve when it comes to APIs and web services). Once they explained on their end to just enter in the token endpoint for both the auth and token endpoint fields, as well as the valid credentials (i.e. the app id and secret). The Oauth2 account takes care of everything for authorization in the background and the developer can go straight to the desired actual request. So the message I was getting that I list in my previous reply was due to improper setup and a lack of understanding what all was happening and being handled in the background by the Oauth2 account that I setup in SnapLogic for my RingCentral app.

Again thank you so much for your replies and helping me get off the ground in leveraging RingCentral's APIs. It is really appreciated and hopefully I can provide help in turn in the near future.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us