News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Automatically logging out from the RingCentral Embeddable Widget after some time in Production
Tags: rest api
Jun 3, 2020 at 12:05pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Suresh Gonepudi

We are using RingCentral Embeddable Widget in Production.The agents are getting logged out suddenly after some time.Can you please suggest the solution. Is Ring central session need to be increased, Is it true? If true is there any cost involved? how we need to proceed please suggest...

1 Answer
answered on Jun 8, 2020 at 7:29pm  

Hi Suresh, can you check which authorization grant flow are you using, authorization code flow or implicit grant flow?

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable/blob/master/docs/config-client-id-and-secret.md

For implicit grant flow, login session will be expired if user is inactive in 1 hour.

For authorization code grant flow, login session will be expired if user is inactive in 7 days.

When user or admin change password, it will also trigger session expired.

on Jul 20, 2021 at 11:46am   •  0 likes

Hi Embbnux, I have the same problem.
As I understand the documentation of the widget that refers to the authentication flow, the PKCE is available since version 1.4 and is enabled by default, right?
captura-de-pantalla-2021-07-20-a-las-124527.pngI'm integrating the RingCentral Widget with my website and the session expires after 1 hour, can you help me?

Thank you!

on Jul 22, 2021 at 1:12am   •  0 likes

Replied at email, it is a bug for some apps created from some account in some special region. Still in investigation.

on Jul 22, 2021 at 1:51am   •  0 likes

Fount the root cause. The app client id for RingCentral Embeddable should be "Web Browser (Javascript)" type. The type "Server/Web" app can't refresh token with auth code with PKCE flow.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us