News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
What is the purpose of Live Report licenses?
Tags: analytics and reporting
Apr 7, 2022 at 12:15pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Susan Pieroni

What is the benefit of purchasing Live Reports licenses? We have multiple licenses that I was told we needed to have, they are not assigned to anyone but users are still able to access the reporting area along with the Live Report dashboard. I assigned myself a license but am not seeing any difference in functionality with/without a license.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Thank you

2 Answers
answered on Apr 27, 2022 at 11:34am  

As the KB article above states,

"A separate license is required for each access account. For example, managers must have a license, and each agent who requires monitoring also needs a license."

This means that regardless of what the application will let you do, you must have licenses for all viewers/full access of the Live Reports interface as well as every agent who is part of a queue that is being monitored by a dashboard. Even though the application does not yet enforce a limit, it would be wise to ensure all agents and managers have a license. Hope this answers your question!

on Jun 3, 2022 at 9:43am   •  0 likes

We were told live reports was a feature and we purchased the feature. It's not worth it to have to pay for each user that needs to be monitored, nor did our salesman mention this in the proof of concept or purchase agreement. I feel like we've been baited.

on Jun 3, 2022 at 9:57am   •  0 likes

Yeah, our salesperson never told us that we needed a license for each person that was monitored as well. We were told the licenses were for users that needed access to the live reports dashboard.

It seems funny that we've been on RingCentral for two years without any communication regarding our license count but since I brought this up on the community I am being hounded by an Account Coordinator stating we are over our licenses and trying to sell us more.

Since we have 12 licenses and only had five users accessing the dashboard I had actually thought about reducing the number of licenses. It would have been helpful if there was more clarity at the beginning...unless the rules were changed along the way.

on Aug 24, 2022 at 11:19am   •  0 likes

We've encountered a similar situation. We've been informed that we can purchase the needed licenses at a discounted rate before our next billing cycle, we can remove the unlicensed users and utilize the licenses we currently own, or we can do nothing and we will be billed for the overage at the standard rate. We were never informed from our rep how the licenses were to be allocated. I also find it interesting that they've added a statement at the top of Live Reports stating how licenses are to be assigned. They are also offering a License Status Report option now. None of this had been there in the past.

on Mar 29, 2024 at 8:46am   •  0 likes

I'm rehashing this subject since I am now being told I am over my license count. In looking at the report the Admin account that RC support uses is listed as using a license. Why is this the case?

I can understand why we should pay for a user license for employees that actually use the report area but it seems strange to have to pay for staff members that are only being monitored? They do not interact with and don't even have access to the Live Report area. They just happen to be assigned to a call queue.

We also ran into an issue of a manager messing around with the portal adding individual extensions to a dashboard. Individual extensions cannot be monitored but received a notice that we would be charged for those extensions.

I think there needs to be detailed clarification and perhaps a revamp of their licensing structure.

on Apr 27, 2022 at 1:10pm   •  0 likes

Thank you for the additional information. You are probably right - who knows when this might be enforced. We are heavy users of the dashboard to monitor the status of team and call volume and cannot afford any downtime.

answered on Apr 7, 2022 at 1:29pm  

https://support.ringcentral.com/mvp/analytics/live-reports/intro-analytics-live-reports.html

According to the KB article above, having a Live Reports License will give Full Access that lets you make changes to Live Reports, such as adding dashboards, setting privacy, adding or removing dashboard widgets, and changing widget settings.

on Apr 12, 2022 at 9:22am   •  0 likes

That is understood but can you confirm that only one is needed for the group not multiples?

on Apr 8, 2022 at 8:25am   •  0 likes

We have 12 licenses but aren't assigned to anyone. Even with the licenses not assigned we can perform all those tasks that you mentioned. When users log in are they pulling from the license pool? If so, are the licenses only in use when someone is logged into Live Reports?

Thank you

on Apr 8, 2022 at 2:48pm   •  1 likes

Yeah, there's no real need for more than one license. As you've noticed, there's no limitations as to who can access/modify the feature.

on Apr 11, 2022 at 7:23am   •  0 likes

Great - thank you!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us