News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Automate Paging via Text to Speech
Tags: ringcentral app
Apr 13, 2022 at 6:51am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
keith-w

I am looking to be able to leverage the ringcentral app to make paging easier. I would like to be at to type out a page message and then use text to speak to read it over the speakers. For example, type "@ #### (paging group number) Tina you have a call on Park 1"

I am not sure if this is even feasible or where to start with developing it.

on Apr 13, 2022 at 11:03am   •  0 likes

Paging, do you mean the RingCentral internal messages?

on Apr 13, 2022 at 11:25am   •  0 likes

We use overhead speakers to page employees various items but primarily to alert about calls because in our environment (retail) we are always sitting at a desk

on Apr 13, 2022 at 11:34am   •  0 likes

My question was about where the paging text coming from. The first thing to identify is if and how to access the text message. If it's not from RingCentral, then you cannot access it using RingCentral platform API.

on Apr 13, 2022 at 11:39am   •  0 likes

Sorry, I misread your message. I would like to initiate the message within the ringcentral glip app

on Apr 13, 2022 at 11:55am   •  0 likes

"The message"? Glip messages? If so, what is it relating to "paging"?

Anyway, RingCentral does not provide text-to-speech service so you cannot invoke such a service within the RingCentral app. If you have access to any text message source, you can build your own app and use some 3rd party service such as Watson or AWS text-to-speed service to read the message for you. If Amazon Alexa rings your bell, then RingCentral Labs has a RingCentral skill for Alexa which read voicemail messages and text messages for you.

on Apr 13, 2022 at 1:45pm   •  0 likes

we leverage voice paging (https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Paging-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html) Not the old style text paging to a pager.

1 Answer
answered on Apr 20, 2022 at 11:36am  

Sorry for the long delayed response. I checked around and I could not find any API to access this kind of paging feature. So there is nothing we can do with the RingCentral API platform for this feature. Since this is a community site for programming questions, do you mind to post your question as a new idea in this channel.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us