News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Message fromRC that I'm close to my limit on texts
Tags: sms and text messaging
Jun 13, 2022 at 9:31am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Tom Simchak

Twice I have received an email from Ring Central stating that I'm near my monthly limit on texts. This is the actual message: "Your domestic SMS usage has reached 90% of your monthly Included SMS allocation. If you go over the 100% limit, your SMS traffic will be charged at the rates set out in your region.
You can see your current Included SMS utilization level and corresponding SMS log by logging into the RingCentral Admin Portal and opening the Billing tab.
If you would like to purchase a SMS bundle with greater SMS/MMS allocations please login to your Admin Portal, open Billing tab and navigate to Purchase>Usage Bundles.
"Thank you for using RingCentral!"

What is this included SMS allocation? I have had RC for over 5 years, and have never had anything like this.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks.

1 Answer
answered on Jun 13, 2022 at 9:37am  

Hi Tom! We have new changes with your Business SMS feature. Please check the article below that provides information on the new SMS pricing and packaging impacting all RingCentral MVP customers.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Enhanced-Business-SMS-new-Price-Changes.html

If you have follow-up questions , please let me know so I can connect you with your Account Manager.

on Jun 13, 2022 at 11:30am   •  0 likes

Hi Mary...do these limits (which I just saw today) apply only to outgoing texts or to incoming as well?

Thanks.

on Jun 13, 2022 at 12:54pm   •  0 likes

The allocation is for both inbound and outbound SMS.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us