News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
I want to change task/event color tag without providing an end date
Tags: ringcentral app
Jul 13, 2022 at 8:00am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Randy Calhoun

It is as my title says.

My company likes to change color tags on events but do not want the events to be changed in any other way. We do this to denote changes in the event wither changing the type of work needed or marking it as urgent.

Recently we have not been able to change the color without providing an end date that is forced to be present day or a future date. This is annoying as it makes for a cluttered calendar of events when we prefer just having it stay on the assigned day.

on Jul 13, 2022 at 8:09am   •  0 likes

Hi Randy, for App feedback and ideas, please post them at https://ringcentral-app.ideas.aha.io/

on Jul 13, 2022 at 11:31am   •  0 likes

This is not a suggestion it is something that up until recently we were able to do easily and now when we go to edit a past task it forces an update to the end date which it use to not do.

I am wondering if there is some setting that could effect this and how to change it back to how it use to work.

on Jul 13, 2022 at 12:51pm   •  0 likes

Sorry, but there's no option to change the behavior. Please submit a feedback regarding the changes to that feature, and the Product Team will check it.

1 Answer
answered on Jul 13, 2022 at 4:25pm  

@Randy Calhoun
it should be possible... just click on the calendar icon in the End date/ End time field to delete the contents of said fields. Of course both end date and end time fields must be empty. It works on my end if we are talking about the same thing?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us