News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Incoming Fax webhook not receive even when it says active
Tags: webhooks
Jul 14, 2022 at 8:24am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Medmo Admin

we can create a subscription through our app with the newly Graduated App. But even though the subscription is listed as active, we do not receive any event coming into the address from Ringcentral when a Fax comes to our company number.

3 Answers
answered on Jul 14, 2022 at 12:05pm  

Thanks Phong! This is extremely helpful :)

answered on Jul 14, 2022 at 10:34am  

According to your account setting, the "main Ext 1" extension is a message-only extension. Check with your IT to see how it was setup and if it has its own login credentials, try that login credentials.

EDITTED:

I check it again. It is a special extension and has no login credentials. Think about creating a virtual extension or reassign to a normal user extension. Can be the 101as you thought.

screen-shot-2022-07-14-at-103644-am.png

answered on Jul 14, 2022 at 9:10am  

Fax notification event is per extension identified by the extension id.

/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/fax?direction=Inbound

If you expect to receive fax notification via the company number, check your company IVR settings to see which extension was set to receive faxes to the company number. Then subscribe for fax notification for that extension. The default extension is the "101" main super admin extension but your company may change the settings.

on Jul 14, 2022 at 9:54am   •  0 likes

Thanks Phong! We are using the default 101 with the above event. We even get the active subscription ID showing the correct address of where the webhook is sending to. But the problem is that we have not received anything from request to our company server yet.

We suspect that because we have email notifications set up each time faxes come in, it takes precedent of the new app we set up?

on Jul 14, 2022 at 10:02am   •  0 likes

I don't think it's because of the email notification that would suppressed the push event notification. What is your production account id?

on Jul 14, 2022 at 10:14am   •  0 likes

Appreciate the help! The account ID is 1701932021

There is also a support ticket FYI: 15720114

on Jul 14, 2022 at 10:25am   •  0 likes

Having a look at your account IVR settings. No, is is NOT assigned to the extension 101 as you said. It is assigned to the extension main 1.

screen-shot-2022-07-14-at-102228-am.png

on Jul 14, 2022 at 10:32am   •  0 likes

I see, this is super helpful! there are no extensionId = ext.1, right?

on Jul 14, 2022 at 10:19am   •  0 likes

I need the account id or exact account name or app client id. I don't have access to support tickets.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us